7.1.09

Sony Bravia N-Series KDL-26N4000 26-Inch 720p LCD TV, Black

Designed for the audio lover, the KDL-26N4000 26" BRAVIA N-Series LCD flat panel HDTV delivers a spectacular picture coupled with amazing sound. This all-in-one television features BRAVIA Engine 2 for a true-to-life picture quality, plus a 3.1 surround speaker system with subwoofer along with built-in front speakers. In addition, you can easily access your content from a wide variety of portable digital audio and video devices (with optional accessory cradle) via the integrated Digital Media Port. This TV is also equipped with BRAVIA Theatre Sync for easier control of other compatible Sony devices. Surround Effect - Matrix, Movie, Music, and Virtual SRS TruSurround XT Audio Effect Dimensions (Approx.) - 30.75 x 21.375 x 14.125 in (778 x 542 x 358mm) with pedestal; 30.75 x 18.5 x 4 in (778 x 468 x 100mm) without pedestal; Weight (Approx.) - 32 lbs. (14.5kg) with pedestal; 24 lbs. (10.5kg) without pedestal
Customer Review: Glossy Photo
I bought this TV through Amazon from JR Music Co.for $449.00 just before Christmas. They said in their e-mail response to my order that although the TV was new and factory fresh they would open it and add extra packing. I wondered since it had already made it from Mexico to NYC why extra packing was necessary. I found no extra packing when I opened the box and when I turned on the TV the blank screen had an arc of light about an inch wide from the edge of the screen to just past the middle. My suspicions were heightened. But after finally adjusting the picture I am more than pleased. I am a subscriber to Directv. I've never seen such vivid colors even on stations that are not High Def. The screen looks like an expensive glossy photograph. I am mesmerized by the colors and the sound is so good I watched an hour and half performance by the Vienna Philharmonic Ochestra on PBS last night without having to turn on my stereo. The day I ordered this tv from Amazon for $449.00 and no shipping charges I checked Costco and their price was $749.00 plus $25.00 shipping. I am very happy with my Sony 26N4000 television.
Customer Review: Excellent TV...& great sound!
I don't know why there are hardly any reviews for this tv. Anyways, I bought this from sony.com with employee discount for $430, when it was priced $450 here on black friday. However when it arrived at my house and finished auto programming channels, the speakers would make a very audible buzzing noise whenever the speakers were turned on...regardless of input. Ultimately it was determined to be defective, and was exchanged for free (shipping included) a few days later. I use this tv mainly for my ps3, as I only have an antenna connection at the moment. The screen is brilliant. Great colors and contrast. However when I was watching a show like Sienfeld on fox digital, I did notice the picture would appear rather grainy. It's much more noticeable on certain channels or programs than others I suppose. I'm also a little confused by the constant change in screen size as I go from channel to channel or from commercial break back to program. This happens when the screen mode is set to Full. I can make everything fill the screen by using Wide Zoom, but a bit of the edges are cut off so I try not to use it. Still a little annoying to watch a lot of tv shows that look like they were meant for a 20" tv. The ps3 looks much, much better than it did on my 5 yr/old analog tv. I was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality. The highest I ever set the sound at was lvl 40 amid loud family chatter in another room. With speakers on both sides of the TV, I could tell which direction the action is coming from while playing the ps3. The 20W sub woofer adds a base sound that really completes the experience. With realistic sound enabled, the quality is often times better than on my old TV. All in all its a really solid TV. For a little less than the comparable Samsung 26", I'm glad I went with this one. No need to spend an easy hundred bucks+ on a speaker system. :)


Back in the day, 10 or 15 years ago, the whole world knew that you had satellite TV. You purchased a big satellite dish, no, a really BIG satellite dish and planted it in your yard pointed at the stars and ran some cables from the dish into your home to boxes that sat atop your television. With that you could get channels on your TV from anywhere in the world, if the dish was pointed just right. You could also get no channels at all if the wind was blowing too hard.

With the old time satellite TV dishes every television in the house that was hooked up to the dish would have to watch the same channel at the same time. Believe it or not, a lot of people actually hooked more than one television to the same dish, too. Maybe they did it because the whole family didn't want to be in the same room together or maybe simply to be able to watch TV in several rooms in the house.

You were more likely to see the big satellite dishes in rural and remote areas where there was no cable TV to be had. It was really their only option if they wanted to watch more than just the standard three local channels and some people couldn't even get those three. In the city everybody had cable because they didn't really have the room in their yards for the large satellite dishes.

Times have certainly changed. Satellite TV is still around but the dishes are very small and sit on top or attached to the side of your house. They take up no yard space at all, and even city dwellers are doing satellite now. Many are doing it because of the lower cost of satellite TV services verses the cable bill. Others simply like the quality that satellite can offer them and feel that overall satellite TV is better than cable.

Satellite TV has also seen and welcomed many new television stations than ever before. You can get your hands on a budget friendly package that will offer you more hooks within your home, more television channels and even some movie channels for a fraction of the cost you would pay for a cable bill.

So which one is better: Satellite or Cable? That really depends on who you ask. For most it is a personal preference so the old saying "seeing is believing" is something that you should take in consideration. If you haven't tried satellite, now is the best time to do so!

Direct TV is the nation's leading provider of satellite television services. For the best in sports programming, movies, and high-definition entertainment, check out the latest Direct TV deals.

Buy and discount - Kdf 46e30 - select now!!!
Buy and discount - Best Home Theatre Projector - select now!!!
Buy and discount - Lcd Flat Panel Television - select now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment